cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam Further - data issues

Hillfly
Investigator
Investigator

I’m travelling in the US and when I arrived my roam further pass was not allowing me to use data (calls and texts were fine). After numerous calls to tech support over the last few days we finally got data working yesterday only for it to ‘run out’ after 1gb of use. I should have 50GB available. The tech support said that the initial issue was the EE system did not want to let the pass work with my data plan for some reason. I suspect it only worked yesterday with the extra ‘1gb’ part of my plan setup that have for an additional line. Has anyone else had this issue and for it resolved? I’m fed up calling EE every day while on holiday when I’d arranged the pass before I travelled to avoid this exact scenario.

7 REPLIES 7
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Hillfly.

Does your My EE Account ay that you've got data available?

Have you tried restarting your phone since you got this message?

Jon

Hillfly
Investigator
Investigator

Yes to both.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Hillfly.

Did our Tech Care team say what they did to fix this?

Was it something that you can repeat or was it something on your account?

Jon

Hillfly
Investigator
Investigator

So finally after hours of calls I think it’s ressolved. They had to remove roam further pass, add travel data pass and then re add the roam further pass. Time will tell if the billing ends up correct but for now at least I can use data!

You don't need a Travel Data Pass when you have a Roam Further Pass. That's throwing money away 😞 !

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I said the same thing but that seemed the only way they could get it to work.

I’ll keep an eye on the bill and be sure to challenge any erroneous costs!

I note that the roam further pass is not showing in my add ons but the travel data pass is. My other 4 lines show the roam further pass so I’m now fully expecting to have to have to get the bill sorted once it generates. Bit of a mess this one!