cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile data on Samsung Note 8 after porting from BT Mobile.

jin_dru
Investigator
Investigator

We moved from BT Mobile to EE last week but have not had mobile data since. Wi-fi fine but no mobile data. there is no 4g symbol at the top of our phones (both Note 8s)

We called tech help 3 times now and nothing has solved the problem. 

Configuration messages sent....no joy

Refresh sent from their end...no joy

new sims sent....no joy

last suggestion was to factory reset our phones....a total madness idea...but tried it.....no joy....now we are spending hours getting the phones back to they way we like them and waiting on samsung smart switch to update all our settings. 

what is the strangest thing.....the SIMS work fine for mobile data on my sons mobile?  how is this even possible. My sons SIM works fine on our Note 8 also. 

Is there compatibility issues with the EE sim and the Note 8? Some tech people are saying it was because we were sent a 5G sim by default and the Note 8 is not 5G compatible. Surly it would drop to 4G when no 5G available? 

11 REPLIES 11

Need to try something. This has been the worst experience we have ever had with a company in 50 years of adult life. Was hoping leanne would be able to investigate/escalate more with an account number. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @jin_dru.

I'd recommend getting back in touch with our level 2 tech team so they can give you an update.

We wouldn't recommend cancelling your direct debit as it may affect your credit score.

Jon