cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data not working on social media apps

meganmarie2xx2
Explorer

i recently changed plan when i received a phonecall about the new pay as you go plan which is made to help improve your credit score, so you get the same plan but pay a bit extra on direct debit and i was happy to do so and change over. however, since i’ve done this my data hasn’t worked at all on any of my social media apps, only works on apps such as safari, imessage and apple music but that’s it. how can i fix this?  

4 REPLIES 4
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @meganmarie2xx2 ,

Welcome to the community,

If you are on pay as you go, you will have to either go into an EE high street store with ID and pay a refundable token to get content lock changed to enable all apps to work. You may be able to do this ringing customer service if you have a credit card and they will take a refundable token from your card. 

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I don't see how any PAYG plan can improve your credit score & PAYG cannot be paid for by DD but only by credit or debit card.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It’s a new plan that they’ve just began to offer as I got the phonecall about it in July, which is when I signed up. It’s a direct debit for 3 months, the same pay as you go plan just paying a bit more than usual and paying the direct debit on time is what helps your credit score.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @meganmarie2xx2

Did you receive this call direct from EE?

I am not sure about this kind of plan. Does it show within your My EE account?

Katie