cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just how fast would "Stay Connected Data" be at 0.5Mbps?

Jank0x
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hello, 

I'm curious. If I were to use up my 125 gig allowance in a month and the automatic Stay Connected Data kicked in. Just how fast would that actually be in real world usage?

Sometimes connectivity is absolutely vital if idk, we got lost in the middle of nowhere and there was no other way to contact loved owns for help. So how fast in the real world would this be? Cell service coverage would affect it. 

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jank0x  It’s fast enough for emails, what’s app and other messaging services.    Everything from calls to text and internet usage is cover by cellular coverage these are 2 different things.     The stay connected data is just the internet speed you’ll receive if you ever use up your data allowance. 

Jank0x
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hey @Chris_B,

Taking phone calls can easily be done via direct call, but like I would run out of data anyway, I'm only 1/4 of the way done. 

So if let's say for example, I was on the edge of the UK or an area with lack of service (so country side) and the add on kicked in. What would we do in this situation? Like I would ever do this but I'm genuinely curious. 

@Jank0x  That’s cellular coverage and at that point you’re not connected to the network or you’ll receive a low signal.   This is unfortunately the limitations of a cellular network.  

Jank0x
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Yea, you have low chance of receiving no service on the EE network. Unless you're like past ocean or close to it then yes good luck staying connected. 

Good to know though if I'm ever in a situation where I need to book like a taxi and I ran out of my allowance that's still possible. There have been times I've nearly been stranded due to lack of bus services past a certain time of the day.