cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is data gifting broken?

Digiwake
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to gift data from one of my contracts to another but the process appears broken. When I select the from and to account boxes, both pop up a cheery little message saying

"We will have it fixed soon

Sorry, we can't show this device's data right now. Please try again later."

I can select an amount to gift and click the "Gift data" button but nothing happens. It did this last time I tried a few weeks ago too, but I just assumed it was an anomaly then. Now I'm not so sure. Is gifting working for anyone?
6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Digiwake

Thanks for coming here. 

Are you using the My EE app or My EE account online? 

Are you in the UK? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne

I am experiencing the same, cannot share my data with my other contacts.

I am sharing my data to my other contacts for years, but this month something wrong going on. I have searched in EE community, and found others also struggling with data sharing.

can you please help to resolve.

thank you 

Christopher_G

Hi @109471446

Are you able to gift through the My EE desktop website?
Chris

Hi Leanne

I'm using the EE website from the UK.

Best wishes

Christopher_G

It may be worth speaking to our Mobile Care team so that they can look into this and gift the data manually for you this time, @Digiwake.

Chris

TeeSea1
Visitor

I have the same issue. I just came off the phone to customer service..They manually gifted data. Informed me it was an app issue. Advised to delete and reload app. Which I have done. Still unable to use data gift from app.

I tried the desktop, website. I got as far as confirm `I wish to gift’. Then, got a message in red at top of page stating, ‘ Unable to gift data at present, try again late’.

Hopefully this is sorted out soon, as I don’t wish to spend another one hour on the phone to gift data to a family member!