cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Data

Elmiga
Investigator
Investigator

Had a text message from EE saying that they are offering double data free of charge but that t&cs apply. There is no link to the t&cs and the only ones I can find on the ee website relate to a double data Christmas offer or sim deal from 2021.
There is also no mention of the offer in the Add Ons section on the app.
Can someone please link the correct t&cs? 

50 REPLIES 50
LBH
Visitor

Any reply yet on the terms? I had the text this morning, but still cannot find the terms and conditions anywhere, over 2months after your original message here.

Just received a text fro EE.with a offer of double data as a valued customer of BT and EE.

There is no mention of the terms of this offer.

Whats the catch ?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Egghead30 

As long as you are an EE and BT customer and have received this message you are eligible for the offer and can activate this by following the information in the text message. 

If you would like further details on the offer, please give us a call on 150. 

Leanne.

Mccltd1
Visitor

I received the free double data message today but no link to the terms and conditions, what are they ?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mccltd1 

As long as you are an EE and BT customer and have received this message you are eligible for the offer and can activate this by following the information in the text message. 

Leanne.

Dalo80
Visitor

Hi,

I’ve received the same message for double data.

Here is the text:

“Dreaming of double data? You're in luck.

BT and EE are one family. And because you're a BT and EE customer, you get double data on EE. Oh yeah.

Simply reply DOUBLE to this text to add it to your account. Count on EE to get great value.

Terms apply. Text STOP to 2040 to opt out from all text message marketing.”

Text came from 1122. No link attached in the text message.

DoctorBlue52
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've found 2 separate terms and conditions 

The first is for the %10 off 

https://www.bt.com/terms/specialBTandEEdiscount

The second is for the bt halo double data terms, although it'll be the same for ee sims it specifies bt mobile plans.  https://www.bt.com/halo/terms 

Essentially the terms are if you change your plan to a lower one than halo you'll lose your benefits and addresses need to be the same on both accounts. 

From my understanding you can get double data on all your plans on the account but only one ee-bt discount. Plans must either be for a handset or 12m Simo, payg and 30 day rolling are excluded from double data and the discount. 

Accounts must also be personal, not business to be eligible. 

Hope this helped 😊

Mr_M
Visitor

I just had a text saying the following 

Dreaming of double data? You're in luck.

BT and EE are one family. And because you're a BT and EE customer, you get double data on EE. Oh yeah.

Simply reply DOUBLE to this text to add it to your account. Count on EE to get great value.

Text STOP to 2040 to opt out from all text message marketing.

DoctorBlue52
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ooohhh yeahhhh, it'll double your plan data but if you have extra data as part of a deal that wont be doubled I.e. if you have a 1gb plan you'll get 2gb, if you have a 1gb plan with 5gb free (so six in total) then you'll still get 2gb (or 7gb in total) if you have a 25gb with free extra data then you'll get 50gb plus the extra 😉 

AmbroseH
Visitor

I had the same text. Without t&c details, I immediately dismissed the text as a scam. If this was a genuine EE/BT marketing text, then it is woefully unprofessional and utterly naive to provide an offer without a link to t&c information- especially in the age of fraudulent digital activities we live in.

I expected more from this company.