cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data gone in couple of days - operator data usage

TimAhKin
Investigator
Investigator

This morning I received a message that all my data is used.

I've been on Wi-Fi since Wednesday (19th) last week.

On Friday (21st), I checked my balance and had 10.2 GB remaining. I checked my app data usage and I cannot see anything that amounts to 10 GB used while on mobile data. In the past few years, I rarely used half of my data allowance, which is around 12 GB a month.

I can see the jump in the data usage, but no app used that much. What's remaining is operator data usage. Can someone please clarify what's happening?

Thank you.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-25 at 08.16.26.jpeg

22 REPLIES 22
TimAhKin
Investigator
Investigator

I have the same, not sure what's happening. On Friday I had 10 GB left, and till today I was mostly on Wi-Fi.

This morning I have 0 data left, while on Wi-Fi.

App data usage doesn't amount for all this missing data, but it says that data used by operator networks is excluded, so what's going on?

I can't see the missing data.I can't see the missing data.

LeoDowning
Explorer

I have had the same issue this month. I'm on the 35GB package and about 30GB was gone within only a few days. My top app for usage didn't even hit 1GB and I don't use many other apps. I rarely use all of this data. I've had to purchase a top up now, as I'll be going on a trip later this week with no WiFi. Any advice appreciated!

inbound8512255839389854299.png

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TimAhKin @LeoDowning 

Thank you both for coming to the community. 

I would suggest getting in touch with our tech gurus on 150, they will have access to your accounts to see what could have caused this and be able to help you further. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Morag7S
Investigator
Investigator

Sorry to jump on yours, similar for me, 47.3 GB bought PAYG on 19th July, 25GB gone by 21st and remaining boosts finished by 5pm on the 22nd. All the data appears to have disappeared whilst I was at work and when asleep. No WIFI so no updates allowed.  Hijacking work WiFi to see what's going on, anyone know?

Leanne_T

Hi @Morag7S 

Can you text BALANCE to 150, and let me know the full reply? 

Have you had any software updates on your device recently? 

Leanne.

TimAhKin
Investigator
Investigator

I contacted the support at 150.

They were helpful and noticed that something was wrong. They can see that the mobile data disappeared, but couldn't tell me what exactly consumed that much data.

Root cause for this issue was not identified while on the call with them, but it looks like an issue on EE's end.

Hi Leanne, 

I went to the EE shop and the chap said the same thing. Even he got confused and mept telling me it was grnuine data useage, but whilst I'm asleep? I have no WIFI at home and notifications are silenced. I have sleep activated from.10pm. 

Thanks,

Your current balance as of today 14:16 is £0.00. You have unlimited minutes and unlimited texts remaining until 19/08/2023 for your £15 Pack. Your remaining data includes of rolled over data. Your last top up was £15.00 on 19/07/2023 at 15:03. For more info on your packs, add-ons or free boosts, go to MyEE. ee.co.uk/myee

For info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/textservices

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to us @Morag7S

Have you been able to contact our technical care team regarding this?

Katie

Hi Leanne, thank you so much for getting back to me. I contacted the tech gurus and they were excellent help.

Others on this thread may want to know that the tech help was able to identify it was YouTube that was using my data (all in one night!), although it was not showing on my phone's data management tab. I don't know if this has happened to others.

Thanks all 😊