cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data abroad

CGRIFFIN1
Explorer

Just wondering if you can help...i am abroad and i know that i have ALOT of data as my son has gifted it to me, but my phone is only showing that i have 250mb, so i am getting a bit worried to say the least. Am i going to run out!

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CGRIFFIN1

Welcome to the community.

Whereabouts in the world are you? Do you have the roam abroad add-on/smart benefit?

Chris

Hello Chris
Thank you so much for replying 🙂
I am in Switzerland at the moment, and my account does show that I have roaming worldwide. I just couldn't understand why my data was just showing 250meg when I knew that I had shed loads of data. I have since managed to get through to EE, in my blind panic, and it seems to be that my phone settings are set to my plan (which is only a 250mb sim only, as I rely on data gifting within my family), which i suppose makes sense. Luckily I was gifted the data before I left the UK, and not whilst I am away, as I now understand that there can be problems with this. So I am at least more aware that any data gifting should be completed before travelling.
Thank you again 
Claire

Just FYI, that 250mb plan is probably costing you a bit, you may be able to get a better deal with more data

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Glad you've managed to get some clarification, @CGRIFFIN1

You can check out other costs for Switzerland on our roaming tool.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Chris

Do you have either the Roam Abroad Pass or the free £2 / day EU roaming add-on? If you don't you can't use your UK allowances there & so cannot be gifted data.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)