cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming Pass

andy991
Investigator
Investigator

I have paid for a Roam Abroad Pass to use in Australia, do I need to turn on Data Roaming.

Also, can I use it to call Australian numbers in addition to the UK?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@andy991 wrote:

I have paid for a Roam Abroad Pass to use in Australia, do I need to turn on Data Roaming.

Data roaming is just a phone setting that allows data use over foreign networks in addition to the voice.

The important setting is within your myEE online account, that "international roaming" & "call abroad & premium rate" options are enabled. Without this, your phone won't connect to any networks in foreign countries - having a billing add-on won't do this automatically.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@andy991 wrote:

Data roaming is just a phone setting that allows data use over foreign networks in addition to the voice.

The important setting is within your myEE online account, that "international roaming" & "call abroad & premium rate" options are enabled. Without this, your phone won't connect to any networks in foreign countries - having a billing add-on won't do this automatically.

Mack6658
Visitor

Hi can I call Australia 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Mack6658 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Are you calling Australia from the UK? 

Leanne.