cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Disappearing

Dev801
Investigator
Investigator

I have a 20gb allowance per month. I was out of the country and on my return put my EE sim back in my phone. My full allowance showed of 20gb. Six hours later I was down to 9gb. My I Phone 8 operating system was up to date so no updates were due or took place. EE told me it was Apple who 'used' my data. It is just not possible that 11gb was used in six hours. What has gone on? Can anyone help please? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to us @Dev801

I've sent you a private message on the community for some extra details 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
James_B

Hi @Dev801,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If your phone hasn't had a data connection for a while, it may have had a large amount of data to backup to the cloud, such as any photos or videos you took whilst out of the country.

Could this have been the cause?

James

Hi James,  I think not. It had another unlimited data sim in it whilst away and had almost constant access to wifi.

James_B

Hi @Dev801,

Have you checked for any individual app usage in Settings > Mobile Data or Settings > Cellular?

This should indicate which app is responsible for the large amount of data usage.

James

Yes, checked that, nothing unusual. I called EE and they told me that Apple had used the data. I do not believe this as my phone was up to date. In any case an OS upgrade only takes about 250mb...not over 11gb. Like I said...over 11gb in six hours is crazy and makes no sense no matter what I was doing....and I was doing almost nothing and neither was my phone. It has to be a technical glitch with EE. 

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back to us @Dev801

I've sent you a private message on the community for some extra details 🙂

Leanne.