cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE unlimited data iphone Hotspot - everything works but can't download 1G files?

RicardoG
Investigator
Investigator

Hello

I have an iphone SE 2020 and just opened an unlimited data account with EE ... I need to use it as a hotspot as I'm a composer working remotely on a movie and can't access broadband any other way.

It's worked fine for my needs until I tried to download a couple of larger 1.2 gig zip files with movie data. The download progresses until varying amounts 600 meg / 800 meg or even close to the complete file at 1 gig but always falls over before complete.

Apple say this should not be an issue.

I've turned off the automatic lock after iphone inaction ... streaming UHD TV is fine and everything works ... just this large file download issue?

Any thoughts most welcome ... many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RicardoG 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Can you download the files when connected to WiFi? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne. 

Hello Leanne ... thanks for popping by.

Unfortunately the BT wi-fi is really dreadful here which is why I'm trying an EE 4G Unlimited Data bundle.

I've talked to the company I'm purchasing software from and they have many clients using the exact same links all day. Nobody else has the problem:

https://indefinableaudio.com/product/tension-bundle/

Leanne_T

Thanks @RicardoG

In this case, please give us a call on 0800 079 8586 or 150 from an EE phone and our Tech Gurus will get this looked into for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

Many thanks @Leanne_T    I'll get in touch with your tech guys now.

Best

Richard

Leanne_T

Thanks very much @RicardoG

Have a lovely weekend. 

Leanne 🙂