cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't gift data

Pitselah
Explorer

Every month I gift data to my wife through he app, this month the app is generating an error (i have restarted etc) and i get a similar error through the desktop, saying it wil be fixed soon. This has been happening for a week - is this a generic issue and will it e fixed soon. Are there any workarounds?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Pitselah 

I'm sorry to hear this.

If you get in touch with our Customer Care team they will be able to manually gift data for you.

They will also run through troubleshooting steps to try and get it working on the app.

Jon

Thanks Jon - is it possible to get to some troubleshooting options sent
over that I can try? The issue is not exclusive to the app and this is a
basic service i'm missing out on that has worked flawlessly in the past.
I'd rather not spend lots of time waiting to get through to customer care.

Thanks
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

The troubleshooting steps involved would require someone looking into your account, @Pitselah.

They should be able to manually gift data for you and get it working again on one call to save you having to wait multiple times.

Jon

remking
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

This is not just affecting one customer. EE has released a new app and I am in the same situation. Very frustrating and probably the only reason I am with EE is this facility. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @remking 

Thanks for coming here. 

Can you gift data if you log into your EE account online? 

Do you get an error message using the app? 

Leanne.

Frootbat
Visitor

I've been having the same problem for the last few days. It's really annoying as my son currently doesn't have any mobile Internet as I always gift him 10gb a month. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Frootbat 

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you get an error message when you try and gift data? 

Have you tried the EE app and EE account online? 

Leanne 🙂