cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOBILE ACCESS :BT WIF X is unauthorised? Why?

karaokeguitar
Investigator
Investigator

I see EE Wifi and EE WIFI X listed on my mobile but it says not authorised?  
WHy am I unable to use these ? I was under the impression I could, and if so HOW ?

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @karaokeguitar

Welcome to the community. 

What phone are you using?

Katie

I am using a Galaxy S5 .I seem to be refused access using the email and password I can sign into EE on line with.What is missing? I would have thought the fact that my phone recognises these wi fi exist(or do they) that I have access as I am a broadband customer ? 

karaokeguitar
Investigator
Investigator

It would help if EE used e mail and people could contact them.How they expect to be taken seriously when they do not provide such a basic and instant customer service is beyond my understanding.I know something very basic is wrong,but I see their commitment to Customer Service is absolutely none .Half of their problems probably arise from a lack of communication, and for s communication sector service supplier that is unbeleivably innapropriate.

James_B

Have you purchased a WiFi hotspot access package, @karaokeguitar, or are you trying to use our WiFi Coverage Boost service?

James

@karaokeguitar   The EE WiFi service requires a subscription, not sure why you think just because you have broadband you can access it with your EE details.

That said it does have an option for EE Broadband info to be entered, I can only assume that is either a carry over from when it was BT WiFi, or perhaps a feature to come - we can hope!

karaokeguitar
Investigator
Investigator

The problem is I was sent a SIM but nothing else and  do mean nothing else.Not even a landline number (which I got from phoning a friend,and my broadband I have also ha to work out from previous years .I have no idea what is what largely because I never get an answer.It does say connected to BT Wi Fi  and presumably EE Wi fi but it does not access anything.When I ask I get answers which are basically DONT KNOW EITHER. Have you created an ID? No Ive never been asked .sent anything.
The biggest problem I have is they dont have an email facility and I dont have anything at all except dial 150 and its a totally useless answering. service asking you to give them details they have never given me!

@karaokeguitar  just forget the BT WiFi and EE Wifi, you can only use them if you sign up to it and pay extra.

If you also have EE Broadband then you can connect to your router, there should be a pull out card with the SSID (WiFi name) and password - get you phone to connect to than to use WiFi at home.

HTH.

karaokeguitar
Investigator
Investigator

I am more than happy to co operate and follow a procedure,but if I have zero access to even a reply,we are not going to get very far. I need to know what if anything I do have .
I need to ascertain what needs to be added/included/ but they do say a broadband connection will include  mobile BT or EE network wifi acceemit does appear on my mobile phones,it even says connected but I am not connected via BT/EE  mobile wi fi .I do have internet access via broadband but I should be able to use EE  wifi network,or thats what I was led to believe.I did once have BT FON but that seems to have been discontinued also for whatever reason. 

James_B

Is it your EE Home Broadband WiFi router that you're trying to connect to @karaokeguitar?

James