cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I put unlimited data sim in router, can I connect iPad unlimited too?

Brigitta1
Investigator
Investigator

I have an unlimited data sim which I’ve put in a 4g router as there is no fiber etc broadband here. I’ve now connected smart tv, iPads and phones. Some articles say that connecting other devices is classed as gifting (max 100 gbs) , others say not. If it is gifting, what happens when gifting allowance is used up? This allowance limit wasn’t clear when I just checked with EE and I’ve now paid to have an external 4G aerial fitted. Any clarification available please folks? 

4 REPLIES 4
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Brigitta1 

There is no such contract as unlimited data. You should check your T&C as it maybe your unlimited tariff is limited to 600GB as anything over that would be deemed as business use. 

Your router will also have a limit for devices that can connect. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks for the info. We really only need about 300 go a month so not looking to use mega data. My main concern is the references to a 100gb limit so I’m trying to find out what happens when I get to 100gb used up. So far we’ve connected 5 devices which is so we need to do so again not looking to connect loads. Can you shed any light in the 100 gb limit? Some say smart tv aren’t included but really not sure now. When I phone EE I get different answers and the T&C isn’t very clear.  Thanks

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Connecting your devices to your mobile router isn't gifting. They are just using the data that you have. Gifting is when you pass some of your data allowance to another mobile no. on your a/c, from the 1st 100GB of your monthly data.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks @XRaySpeX 

so can I double check, is linking our own mobile phones, which obviously have their own phone numbers, is that classed as gifting?  Sorry to sound repetitive it I’m just trying to make sure we don’t get cut off at some stage!