cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I speak to a real person?

Janeylou01
Explorer

As a many years customer, I am appalled by the difficulty in speaking to someone.  

Logged in and waited (and waited ... etc) for the chat button to appear.  Nothing.  Called 150 and was linked to a cyber-voice that sent me a link (that didn't work).  Called again and the same happened.  Round and round we go!  Tried an email address from years past.  Not connecting.  Went onto community to seek help - only to find that the post that may well have been useful - had been archived and was no longer active (as I suspect this one will be as the contents are similar).  I will describe my query/complaint here in the hope that it may assist someone else:

I received a text saying as a BT and EE customer I was entitled to more data - text YES to 1122 so we can help set this up. So, I did this and was sent a following test saying that I was entitled to double data.  Simply text DOUBLE to 1122 to get it added to the account.  So I did.

Next I know is that I am being informed that I have called and EMERGENCY NUMBER twice and due to this all of my blocked spam/caller/stalker/creep numbers were unblocked for 2 hours as, apparently, this is standard when you call an emergency number.  Confused, I went into call logs to find that I had called (inadvertently) the European emergency (alternative to 999) number which is 112.  Of couse, this would trigger before I hit the second 2 of the number.

LET ME WARN YOU THAT ... the legitimate EE  logo comes up on your text followed by the 150 on the second text.  So, whoever is doing this is pretty fly and knows their way around tech.  Yes, it does unblock your blocked numbers but  you can go into the murky depths of your phones electronic innards and reset without too much issue.

On an aside - I still haven't managed to get in touch with a meat-person as opposed to an unhelpful pixels-and-wires EE assistant!

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Which mobile router was this on?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

BT mobile.

Cheers for the heads up!  Saved to useful numbers.  You are a star!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Janeylou01 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you give us a call on the numbers @XRaySpeX has provided the team will certainly get this looked into for you. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Leanne.

Unlike dialling a number when you dial one digit by one digit - 1 > 1 > 2 >2 but it connects on the 1st 2, when texting you fill in a box with 1122 well before sending, so it shouldn't be sent to 112.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
janbansemer
Visitor

My experience too…..am over here from Australia & always have problems with shop front advice when I go to purchase a UK SIM card but it’s usually sorted by phone as staff there a lot more knowledgeable.Was ok a month ago & now they’ve changed to AI , this wonderful new (end times) technology. NOT.

if this is how they’re going to do business they will not get my business. They need to be boycotted like Budweiser & target. Those businesses soon changed as I understand it.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @janbansemer 

Welcome to the community.

If you follow the options for technical support when you call, you should be able to speak to our call centre staff.

Contact us | Get in touch for help and support | EE

Chris

audiq2
Visitor

Apparently there are no humans at the end of 150.  Round and round

and no help at all.

@audiq2   Stop selecting option 1 when you call and select option 2 then the next option closest to your issue and it’ll put you through to customer services.