cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE 5GEE 2021 Wifi router no internet but no issues shown on hub

Rickrouter
Explorer

Hi all,

I have an EE 5GEE 2021 wifi router, owned since Aug 2022 with minimal issue.

This past weekend I have not been able to connect to the internet on my devices (laptop and iphone), however the router is showing full green and blue signals suggesting it is connected to 5G with no issues.

I turned the router off/on and reset multiple times and reset, this fixes to the issue for 1/2 mins then the internet drops out again, with no errors (red) shown on the router.

I googled and found an old solution which was to change my router settings to just 4G which I have done, and my internet now isn't dropping out so I can use it.

My query is if anyone has had similar and solved the issue so that they can use 5G without it dropping out?

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rickrouter : Have you tried setting the APN/Profile for IPv4 Only?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi,

I have just tried that and the internet worked for 1/2 mins but dropped out again just as before.

Thanks anyway.

Yep - same issue over here. Had the router since May 2022 and then started having problems in April 2023, around the time of some engineering work in the area (although this could be coincidental). Initially, the download speeds would drop to less than 1mbps and the network would become very sluggish. In the last 2-3 weeks the connection has been dropping completely.

Tech support have looked into it and have come up with no real solution. I was told the unit needed to go in for repair but I would be without internet for 2-3 weeks. It's just not acceptable. If this was a Sky or TalkTalk router, then a replacement would be in the post the next with a box to return the faulty one.

I'm not convinced the device is the issue. I think it's network-related but for some reason it doesn't seem to affect mobiles.

My suggestion would be that people make as much noise as possible about this issue!