Did you mean: 

5GEE router and blink camera

awariat
Explorer

I try to connect blink camera to 5GEE  mobile router

1.  I removed 5ghz and left only 2.4 ghz
  2.  changed to 'n' wifi
  3. I switched off 5g

Camera still says maybe wrong password. I tested cameras on my 2 other routers and it all works OK. What setting should I change more?

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @awariat

Welcome to the community.

I'm not sure what could be the problem. Which password is it asking for?

Were they 4G/5G routers that you set it up successfully on? 

Chris

Thank you

The requirements for blink camera are

2.4 GHz and 'n' Wi-Fi. My 5Gee router works and I can connect to it except with blink camera. I removed 5GHZ and even set 4g for router and still doesn't connect to blink cameras. Any ideas what can I do more. I bought this router for cameras. All my blink cameras works on other 2 routers I have. I don't want to buy another router. Any ideas what Can I change in settings to make it connect

Christopher_G

Hopefully another user who has tried to set them up on EE in the past comes along, @awariat.

I'm not sure what else you could try. Have you tried speaking with the manufacturer?

Chris

Jay981
Visitor

It works but its not Stong  enough for the cameras and wont let u load up 

Hi sorry to tag on to this. But mother-in-law tried setting up blink camera to 4g mini wifi device which apparently can support upto 64 devices. Same problem, when trying to view live feed from the camera, no bueno. Set same camera up on wifi at home. No problems at all. No issue with 4g signal. Its like the router itself isnt beefy enough. Are there any advance features we can tweak? So far changing the wifi channel didnt work.

Leanne_T

Hi there @Stu101 

Thanks for coming here. 

I would suggest getting in touch with our Tech Gurus on 0800 079 8586 and they will get this looked into further for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.