cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GEE mobile router - no service

Diana_mm
Explorer

Hi all,

I just got the 4GEE mobile Wi-Fi router as we have changed out Wi-Fi but activation day has been delayed and I need Wi-Fi or some sort of internet to work. 
bought a new unlimited SIM card on a one month rolling contract. I have plugged this in, SIM is in, at first when switching the device on, it has all the light my phone is saying Wi-Fi connected. 5 minutes later this drops out and no Wi-Fi again. I have tried switching on and off, I’ve tried leaving it in case it just needed charging. I have checked the connection coverage and there is no issues. Now the service light is red indicating ‘No Service’.

Can someone please, please help. Not sure what to do anymore! 

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Diana_mm 

Try moving the mobile router near the window. 

Does the sim work in your phone? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hiya,

I’ve put the EE aim in my phone and there is only 1 bar of reception available.. we have BT Wi-Fi router that had no problems with signal before. Yet not sure why EE has 1 bar. When purchasing the SIM in the shop, the address was checked for EE coverage. 
the mini router is located by the window already. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Diana_mm 

Could you pop your postcode into our coverage checker and hit 'check status' please? Just to see if we're aware of any problems in your area.

Chris