cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Signal Cumbria

Blueastra0
Investigator
Investigator

I have an EE sim in my 4G router at my static caravan in South Cumbria near Cartmel.

The signal is reasonable in the main, but if I’m watching tv on my Firestick I’ve noticed I loose the wifi signal at 8pm each evening .
If router is re-booted or I go into Firestick settings to re-connect wifi option it’s fine again for the rest of the evening.  It’s only at the 8pm mark I loose the signal.
Is it possible an EE transmitter swops over to another one or something ?

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Highly unlikely this is a network issue, but you mention your device loses the WiFi signal - this is just the wireless connection between two mobile devices and is not the onward connection to the mobile network.

Thanks for that.

I’ll need to delve into Firestick settings then I think - but why same time every evening puzzles me. 

Blueastra0
Investigator
Investigator

Problem continue with my mobile Router.

. Checked all Firestick and Router settings and I noted again tonight that at 8pm my Router lost all signal from EE.  Firestick down, Hive down, Alexa down.

Router re-booted itself and everything back for the rest of the evening.

It seems as if the EE signal is interrupted as though a change of transmitter occurs?

This is in the S Cumbria area - does anyone know if transmitter change over happens.

Thanks

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There's no concept of transmitter change-over in the way you describe. Network sites remain on-air 24/7/365 unless there is a service-affecting fault.

Thanks for that.
I’m at a total loss.

Sent from my iPad
Blueastra0
Investigator
Investigator

Finally nailed this issue.

The problem was my Router.
On checking settings on the unit I discovered that the time zone had lost its GMT and was showing an incorrect time zone .

This along with a setting to re-boot router at 3am each morning, was bringing the activity forward some 7 hrs - so at 8pm my router was in fact re-booting and knocking off all wifi etc as you would expect. 
You live and learn.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice.

Regards