cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pay as you go

Mikel2
Visitor

Hi, I have just returned to the UK after working for four years in Australia. I have purchased a PAYG sim from EE to get me started, I have now ordered EE broadband for my house. I am trying to change from PAYG to monthly contract but the system does not seem to want to help me with this. 

I have tried to go through the EE system to achieve this and get thwarted at every turn.

Yesterday, online, I tried to change from my PAYG to monthly, went through the whole process through the EE website and was then told that I could not do it.

When, I arrived here, I checked coverage from mobile companies to ensure that where I live had decent coverage. The EE coverage map showed that EE provided the best cover, but since taking up the EE PAYG, I find that coverage is not as good as it is shown on the EE map.

Maybe I have made a mistake in choosing EE to be my provider, I am seeing no evidence that EE is the best company.

Can anyone provide me with any assistance on any of this?????

1 REPLY 1
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Mikel2 

Like all checkers the EE coverage checker is just a guide not a guarantee. There maybe many different issues at play which are impacting your signal, have you checked the EE Network Status Checker?

When you apply for a pay monthly contract you are credit checked which also involves checking your address. If your history back in the UK is limited then you may not be successful. You are best applying for a sim only plan. That said you haven't said what the problem was when you applied. 

Hope this helps, if not then you should call EE CS on 150.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.