cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE, A True Crime Thriller...

Tonyenzo
Investigator
Investigator

After being a customer of EE for several years, last year I entered into a contract and since then, I've had nothing but problems.

1. I paid a bill in March and they have continued to chase me for this payment. I've been threatened with debt collectors, threatened with a late payment mark on my credit file and I've been continually harassed by them. Of course, I raised a complaint with a company and the result of this is that they decided to commit CRIME... To prove to EE that the bill was paid I did a Subject Access Request, however rather than provide me with a copy of my information, instead they have conveniently left out all of the information (letters, phone calls, opts outs, payment records etc.) that would prove my case. This is concealment of information, which I believe is an offence under s173 of the Data Protection Act. This of course has been reported to the police. My service has now been suspended and therefore I've terminated my contract with them and moved to another provider. Luckily despite this, I retain all the information necessary to prove my case including the recording of a telephone conversation that EE attempted to conceal.

2. Despite having opted out of marketing multiple times, they refuse to stop sending me marketing messages which is illegal.

3. They failed to provide me with a bill in January and instead threatened me with debt collectors (how kind), finally they provided this bill but of course no apology.
Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend EE...

10 REPLIES 10
Tonyenzo
Investigator
Investigator

I did read all of it, but politely, I don't really understand what gives you the impression that the recording wouldn't be admissible as evidence. Perhaps you could copy the section you're referring to?

Technically speaking, I did not make the recording, as it was a voicemail, EE made the recording and consent was given implicitly by leaving the message (as it would have to by default be recorded so that I could play back the message) I've merely made a copy of that recording. Although regardless even if consent wasn't obtained, it's still admissible in court to establish fact.

Secondly, as this is in reference to my data, I'm entitled to a copy anyway under GDPR which has been concealed.

Anyway, the reason why I'm writing the thread is simply to warn others of the misbehaviour of EE so that hopefully others don't have to suffer what I am.