cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strict Nat type

robbo2716
Visitor

Hi

Hoping someone can help me prevent a war in my house!

We've always had (3 years) an unlimited EE data sim connected to a Huawei router as broadband speeds are abysmal where I live.

My son who plays Xbox has reset the router and now he only has a Strict Nat type on xbox which is causing anarchy. I've called EE and they said need to keep resetting the router until it picks up Moderate or Open Nat type? Have tried this countless times and it won't. I've tried another provider sim in the router and that has moderate Nat type albeit download speeds are significantly slower. EE won't let me out of my contract unless I pay £200 to get out.

Is there any other way to get Nat type back to moderate / open on the EE sim as switching on and off hoping it works is pointless.

Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @robbo2716 

Welcome to the community.

I'm not aware of any way to change the 'NAT Type'. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this Xbox help page?

Chris

Hi search on youtube port forwarding for the xbox is very simple to do. Or you can use this:

Ports Needed to Play COD Warzone
  • Ports To Forward On PC – Windows. TCP: 3074, 27014-27050 Copy. UDP: 3074, 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036 Copy.
  • Ports To Forward On PlayStation 4. TCP: 1935, 3478-3480 Copy. UDP: 3074, 3478-3479 Copy.
  • Ports To Forward On Xbox One. TCP: 3074 Copy. UDP: 88, 500, 3074-3075, 3544, 4500 Copy.
DeanG3107
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
  1. Download and install the VPN software on your Windows PC.

2. Connect your PS4 to your PC with the ethernet cable.

3. Open the Control Panel in Windows and navigate to the Network and Sharing Center.

4. Click on Change Adaptor Settings in the left sidebar.

5. Right-click on your VPN connection (the one installed on your PC), click Properties > Sharing.

6. Tick the box that says: Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection.

7. Locate the Home networking connectiondrop-down menu and select your ethernet connection.

8. Connect to the VPN server you require by using the VPN client on your PC.

9. Boot up your PS4.

On the main menu screen click on Settings > Network Settings.

10. Under Network Settings select Set up Internet Connection.

Select Use a LAN Cable when you are prompted.

11. Select Easy for the connection method and confirm Do Not Use a Proxy Server when asked.

12. Accept these settings and click Test Connection to ensure it works correctly.