Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution Request: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Activation Issue with EE Full Fibre

WiFighter
Investigator
Investigator

Dear EE Support Team,

I am writing to express my concern regarding the difficulty in activating the 12-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate offer that was promised as part of my EE Full Fibre 900 package on a 24-month contract. According to the terms outlined, I should have received an SMS within 14 days to activate this service using my Microsoft account. Unfortunately, despite my efforts and numerous contacts with your support staff, this has not been the case.

It has come to my attention there is an internal issue hindering the activation process. I was informed about a form that needs to be filled to assess eligibility, yet this process seems unnecessarily cumbersome and outdated. Given the clear terms of the offer, I believe I meet all the eligibility criteria outlined.

I kindly request a transparent explanation of the issues at hand and clear instructions on how to proceed to activate the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Your prompt and positive resolution to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

10 REPLIES 10
infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

You are aware that you are posting this on a public forum for EE users, it is not EE Support.

You'll need an EE Mod from this forum to contact you personally with help on this, as they are the only ones actually employed by EE.

Otherwise, you'll need to go back and speak to EE directly again.

If you feel unhappy with the level of service amd you want to complain, then you need to go here.

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/complaint

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.

I appreciate the quick response, though I was hoping for more constructive guidance given this forum is hosted by EE. My intention in posting was to seek assistance on an issue directly related to EE's services, expecting that an official platform might facilitate direct support or at least actionable advice. I understand the distinction between public discussions and formal support channels now, and will follow the recommended steps to address my concerns through the official complaint route. It's disappointing when customer efforts to resolve issues are met with reminders of procedural boundaries rather than solutions. Nonetheless, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Paddy-B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @WiFighter,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you haven't been able to activate the Game Pass included with your package. Send me your details I'll be able to take a look at your account and give you a hand getting that activated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

neilciles
Visitor

Hello,

I have also experienced the same issues related to activating the Game Pass Ultimate. I have contacted EE (150) who tell me there is nothing they can do?! One of the reasons for choosing this EE Full Fibre package was to have access to this pass. Not for me, but for my 85 year old uncle who I am visiting next week. He got me into computer gaming some 40 years ago, and I wanted to share with him the ability to do flight sim or driving sim games in VR when I visited him from 15th April. 

It should not be this difficult to enable a service that technically customers are paying for (£60 per month!) and does constitute a failure in providing a service which is against trading standards regulations. 

I too would appreciate personal support so that this can be rectified in a timely manner and so I can give my uncle a great experience when I visit next week. 

Thank you

NI. 

Daniel-S
EE Community Support Team

Hi @neilciles,

It can take up to 14 days after your services have been provided, or activated, before you're able to manage your gaming subscription. You should have an email from us showing "Great news, your broadband package has Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 12 months included at no extra cost. You can start using it in the next 14 days.".

Thanks

Daniel-S

Hi @Paddy-B , thank you for sorting, much appreciated, all appears to be resolved. 👍

LukeM4
Investigator
Investigator

I’m having the exact same issue would it be possible get some help with this as well please. 

Lug
Visitor

Im having same problem