cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The EE call centre is dysfunctional

Hulleydn1
Investigator
Investigator

You may die waiting and working for resolution. You will be passed from pillar to post, forced to repeat security every time, and to repeat your story again and again. No matter how much they inconvenience, aggravate, insult, frustrate, intimidate or fail you,  (and in my case that was loss of service for a month on two contracts and much more) they really have no concept of making it right. After a month of service failure and a whole day's work lost battling the call centre, my problem was eventually solved in store. But the stores are not empowered to make any gestures of goodwill for the gross incompetence and dysfunction of the call centre and the aggravation, inconvenience it causes. For this you have to deal with the dysfunction head on. It is a farce and I say this without hesitation undoubtedly the worst consumer experiences I have encountered in more than a decade.  The limits of the agents to make a gesture of goodwill are totally out of sync with the harm done and those able to increase them will not come to the phone. The derisory and insulting offers are withdrawn when you decline them in order to intimidate you into caving in and/or accompanied by an option to terminate your contract without penalty presumably to stop you from exposing them to the Ombudsman and regulator. What kind of  customer service experience is this?  Why intimidate a two-contract customer who has asked you to make good on your failings or invite that customer to take their business elsewhere. It makes you wonder what kind of management culture reigns inside the successor company of out one time national phone company. Remind anyone of Mr Bates vs The Post Office? 

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Hulleydn1 

There is no account access on these forums.

You'll need to make a complaint here;

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/complaint

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hulleydn1 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to read of your experience. If you would like to raise a formal complaint, you can do so on the link that @Northerner posted and our complaints team will investigate.

Out of interest, what was the fix that they implemented in store?

Chris

I'm surprised that you are apologising for what struck me as dogged
application of company policy.

I am not surprised by your failure to take up my complaint personally to
get it to conclusion (which is what I would have liked and hoped for).
HINT. NUDGE NUDGE. WINK WINK.

I also furious at your insensitive attempt to make close my raging
complaint with a happy ever after post. NOT GOING THERE.

All the store did was issue a fourth set of SIMs and make sure they
connected to the network and then clean up my customer record by removing
every old email which had been inserted by your system by default, thus
stopping me from registering on the app. The call centre did no such thing
and to get rid of me told me the system would have to update overnight for
me to try and register for the app. APPALLING

The store was not able to make any gesture of goodwill for the mess,
aggravation, incompetence, disarray or sharp practice I experienced with
the call centre. ALSO APPALLING

JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED MY PREVIOUS HINT THIS IS WHAT I WOULD LIKE YOU TO
DO.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

@Hulleydn1 - I've sent you a private message to get some information from you. Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

So

YES. I WAS RIGHT COMPLETE DUSFUNCTION AND ROTTEN TONE AT THE TOP

So, it would appear that my last post has been deleted or lost. May have been because i ridiculed the unjustifiable plan of action  that the Exec Team Manager Sarah chose to take. May be because I correctly predicted that she would seek to reduce the claim by as much as possible. She did.

I did not predict that:

a) she would be the least sympathetic, leaT thorough, most defensive, most aggressive rudest and least solution focused of all the agents with whom i had contact. And by some margin.  (technical won)

b)  reject / overturn what I had been told by two previous agents, undermining them and  their own process and, implicitly, questioning my integrity as I had told her what they had said to me

C) conveniently omitted to listen to any of the calls which formed the backbone of my complaint (I mean! **bleep**). Quite the investigation! 

D) did not make any reference at all to any investigation of my second contract, which had mysteriously followed exactly the same path (lost in post/wrong address, not set up to connect to the network, not set up to connect to the network)

D)  specifically did not listen to the call on which I was trying to find out what had happened to the first set of SIMs and was told the by the EE agent that their system had my address wrong (incorrect house number) which may have explained why the first two SIMs did not arrive. YET, despite this she had the audacity to unilaterally declare one month later that the SIMS were posted to the correct address offering no explanation at all for this discrepancy in the facts on their side  AND THEN ON THAT BASIS removed from their final offer all compensation for the chaos that ensued and saying she would refund only £14.70 for the line rental of one of my SIMS reflecting the loss of one month's network access.

This offer (a tiny fraction of the previous offer) seems and sounded vengeful and to me come across as an attempt to either intimidate me OR to ensure that i would have my work cut out with the Ombudsman. This offer WAS inconsistent with the facts previously reported by EE agents and internally inconsistent  because it made a refund for one contract but not the other, even though I had lost network access on two SIMs for ons month.

I CANNOT STAND companies investiging their own failings. As we know, the Post Office and EE are both successor companies of the same state owned entity that was split into BT, the Post Office and Royal Mail.  I am sure you can see my point. It has inherited the same rotten culture.

I have finally, one month later, reached the stage where EE has to refer my complaint to the Ombudsman.  I shall do my level best to impress the gravity of all my previous points on the Ombudsman and request it sanction EE for the dysfunction at the call centre, for refusing to refund rentals when access to the network is denied to the customer, for attempting to thwart complaints, for intimidating and sharp practices. I shall also ask it to restructure the complaints process  for the industry. My experience is that EE is playing a very dirty game and it needs exposing and changing. Stay tuned folks.