cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please fix gifting data!

mitchino
Investigator
Investigator

What has happened to the EE website and app? It used to function reasonably well, but recently has become incredibly slow with constant malfunctions. I used to be able to gift data quickly from the main page, now it’s hidden away and never works anyway. Been with EE a LONG time but contract ends next month and if this is the way things are going to be, I’m out!

9 REPLIES 9
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mitchino,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What happens when you try to gift data via My EE?

James

AdeBrown
Investigator
Investigator

I have the same problem

The app stalls and then shows no information about my contracts/phones.

When I get to the home page, I see "bills & payments" and "plans & subscriptions" but either option says "this website can't be reached" there used to be a simple way to gift data in the app

The website shows a variation of error messages (in all browsers).

I am asked to log in again and again, then the page crashes again.

This problem exists for other aspects of my account - checking data roaming, checking entitlement and conditions.

James_B

Hi @AdeBrown,

Please can you delete and reinstall the app and let me know if that resolves the issue?

Thanks

James

AdeBrown
Investigator
Investigator

No, there is an apology "sorry we are unable show your data" and "something went wrong, please try again"

I did that last time and it did not work then.
The system worked okay the next day.

We should not have to keep deleting and reinstalling, should we?

And since the website is not working either, it does not sound like the app is the problem,

James_B

Hi @AdeBrown,

If you're seeing the same issue in My EE online, it could be account related.

Our Technical Support Team will be happy to take a look at it if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

AdeBrown
Investigator
Investigator

WHy would there be anything wrong with my account.
I am logged in without problems, then the website or app sends error messages.

Sometimes I can see my account details (phone numbers etc) other times I cannot.
This is a problem with EE account software that many other people are experiencing according to messages here, and social media

James_B

Hi @AdeBrown,

Technical Support will investigate why My EE isn't able to pull data from your customer account when requested.

They may need to raise a ticket to our support teams to resolve the issues you're seeing.

James

mitchino
Investigator
Investigator

After 30 mins waiting on phone I gave up. A few hours later I finally managed to gift some data, no idea why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. All I know is EE used to provide a great service and it's definitely gone downhill.

James_B

I'm happy to hear you were able to gift some data @mitchino 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused while it wasn't working.

James