cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple accounts in MyEE - change the default?

grsdev
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Hi there,

I have 2 accounts registered in MyEE currently, both mobile. One is a PAYG SIM that I got hold of to test EE's coverage where I live (notorious black spot), the other is a PAYM SIM that I acquired after initial testing proved that the signal round here is usable.

Whenever I log into MyEE on the desktop PC, it's the PAYG account that shows up by default, even when I'm connected using the phone with the PAYM SIM as a modem. While I do still use the PAYG SIM (in my tablet now), I would rather the PAYM account be the default to show up when I log in. Is it possible to achieve this? There doesn't seem to be an immediately obvious way to do so.

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm not aware of any way to do that, @grsdev.

I'd recommend speaking to our technical support team. They may be able to jig things around from our side to try and make it so that your pay monthly one is the default. Maybe them unregistering your pay as you go one so that you can sign up again would do the trick.

Chris

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Christopher_G

Hi @grsdev

Welcome to the community.

Does this happen no matter which browser you use? It may be worth trying a different one, if you haven't already.

Chris

Hi @Christopher_G,

I just tried with a different browser and got the same result.

Possibly worthy of note is the fact that I initially signed up with MyEE when I got the PAYG SIM, so that account was the first one registered in MyEE for me. I can certainly switch to the pay monthly account using the drop-down in the top-left of the page, but it really sucks that I can't make it the default that shows when I log in. Or can I, but I'm missing how to do that?

Christopher_G

I'm not aware of any way to do that, @grsdev.

I'd recommend speaking to our technical support team. They may be able to jig things around from our side to try and make it so that your pay monthly one is the default. Maybe them unregistering your pay as you go one so that you can sign up again would do the trick.

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

This blows my theory that you can't mix PAYG and contract under the same MyEE. 

The default account upon logging in to MyEE online will be the lowest numbered active a/c. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
grsdev
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Well, I've found a way to solve this my end. It was a cookie issue.

I'm usually pretty conservative about which cookies I accept, so on a hunch I decided to log out, delete all ee.co.uk cookies and start over. The reason for this being that this works correctly in the MyEE app, which isn't really a native app but a web control, so it must be some kind of conventional web mechanism that makes it work.

If you have only "Essential" and "Functional" cookies enabled, MyEE doesn't remember which account you were logged into. For that, you need to enable all cookies, including the ones that advertisers use to track your every move on the internet.

So, EE, how about you do the right thing and really respect users' privacy by placing this particular cookie in the "Essential" or "Functional" category?

grsdev
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Oops. I spoke too soon.

We're back to the PAYG landing page 😠

Of course, the PAYG a/c being the lowest numbered active a/c. 

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
grsdev
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

It turns out that nuking the PAYG account from My EE was the solution.

The system is great in that it allows multiple EE accounts to be added to your profile but at the same time, it's only half-baked in that it doesn't allow the user any flexibility whatsoever regarding priority of the various EE accounts held.

So, the PAYG account was removed and I then added it to a new My EE profile set up specifically for it.

That's the way to do it! I knew they didn't mix well.