cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Website Shop and In App Upgrade = 404 Error

mhumphries42
Contributor
Contributor

When I Google this issue it seems to be endemic within EE, with the issue going back years. I can only presume that this is not a issue with EE, but actually a business decision. The same with the elusive live chat that is never available. Forum staff, and the other regular forum regulars will say call 150... But the whole point of live chat is it's a modern way to resolve issues. I don't want to sit for 45 minutes with my phone glued to my ear to get bounced around different departments before being randomly disconnected. 

EE claim to provide a service, then make it unavailable. Occasionally this is understandable, but I have had the same issues repeatedly for some years.  All I want is their stated services to work at least some of the time, and each time I come to upgrade my devices over the years, I have the same battle to go through. 404 errors, not allowed, something went wrong. You would think they would be eager to take my money. 

Likewise I don't expect a fix, as it seems to be corporate policy to direct customers into a antiquated method of communication. I also expect there will be some users that will try and bite me and defend EE. 

Sorry for the rant. I know it's just normal people that work for EE, but the definition of a forum is for people to have a say. 

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mhumphries42 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

Are you eligible to upgrade and logging into your EE account at ee.co.uk? 

Have you tried another browser? 

If available for your account, you can find chat within the Help section of the EE app 🙂

Leanne. 

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mhumphries42   “antiquated method of communication”.   You mean actually use the phone for what it’s designed for.  lol 

Chat isn't listed in the help section of the app. It just says contact us, and shows a phone number. 

Screenshot_20231122_173351.jpg

Yes, it shows me as eligible for an Early upgrade, but the link when I hit the button, I get the below:

Screenshot_20231122_173722.jpg

Screenshot_20231122_173817.jpg

I get the same through the website on Edge, Chrome (Windows 11)  and Safari (iPad). I often upgrade early, so this is nothing unusual for me. I just wish I could do it like I have done before. 

The telephone was invented in the 1870's. What we call a 'Phone' today is a digital assistant that has access to the mass knowledge of the human race and uses modern technology to access an instant (down to milliseconds) communications network. I'm old enough to remember the days before mobile phones, and  even my surviving grandparents send text messages. Good for you for keep the old traditions alive though. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry that you're not getting the information that you need from the app or EE Online account at the moment, @mhumphries42.

I recommend giving us a call on 150 so that we can look into that for you.

Chris