Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE App freezing (iPhone)

Jojo1369
Investigator
Investigator

My EE freezes after login.

It seems to be wanting me to navigate through a number of screen selecting next at the bottom but appears to freeze.  I can’t access our data pot to share across the kids which is really frustrating.  Tried uninstall and reinstall - no change.  Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Jojo1369 , I have just tried the app and it has come up without any problems right now.

If the app is not working for some reason, as you have tried everything possible, have you tried logging-in via the web to share data? I know this may not be ideal, but at least you can then gift data that way.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

F88408A1-67F7-4554-BCF0-0618B6457543.png

I cannot get passed this screen on my app.  New phone yesterday, all has transferred over but it will not let me go onto app any further than this - it knows it’s me…can anyone please advise? 
thanks in advance

claire

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Clt1

Thanks for posting. 

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the app? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Tried deleting and reinstalling and it makes no difference at all. The only way I’ve found around it is to hold my finger on the app before launching it and I’ve managed to get a menu that I can access data sharing via - not ideal by any means but a short term workaround never the less.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jojo1369

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Can you access your My EE account online? 

Are you accessing the app connected to WiFi? 

Leanne 🙂

Did you find a resolve for this as mine is doing the same stuck on same screen , I’ve reinstalled, connected to Wi-Fi and was working till I got a new phone . Gives me tips but crashes on 2nd welcome Page . 

thanks for the tip of holding down ee app to get to menu saved me there mate 

kevinloten
Visitor

I get the same effect on 8/8/22 on my iPhone 8+ so it's still not fixed.

@kevinloten  Sounds crazy but try clearing your browser history and cookies from within Settings>Safari>Clear history and Website Data.     When ever I have a Apple News loading issue I do this and it works.   After all the app is just a gateway to use the internet to gain access to your EE account. 

It’s still happening in October 2023. I am on an iPhone 13 Pro, using safari…  and after login, when it prompts you to select which iphone you need help with, it’s just freezes. No other site does this…. Only EE. Its not us… it’s YOU!!!