cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't gift data because app/website BOTH down

MyNameIsElise
Visitor

Anyone care to explain how you are meant to gift data when both the app and website are both offline? I don't pay £150 for the priveldge of having an unusable phone. I hope for my sake and everyone else effected by this, that compensation will be due. Stop telling everyone to uninstall and reinstall the app and acknowledge your mistake. 

8 REPLIES 8
DMGreen87
Visitor

Also having same issue.. equally unimpressed!

@MyNameIsElise   Account maintenance happens when there will be the least disruption to customers and this will be late at night.  If this is an inconvenience to you perhaps gifting data in the day would be the better way now you now that maintenance is done at night.   

What’s  stopping you from you from using the device  you don’t say.     Gifting data is an option it’s not part of your tariff allowance you get for your device.  Compensation for what ?  You can still use your tariff allowance on your device and the ability to gift data isn’t part of the tariff allowance for the device you want to gift data too.     

It’s down through the day also so no point in that comment 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning everyone. 

Thanks for coming here.

Can you access the My EE app and My EE account online this morning? 

If not, can you try deleting the app again, then going to your app/play store and redownloading the My EE app.

Does this work for you? 

Leanne 🙂

Cjread
Visitor

The website is also not working. You see an error page when logging in. 

Data section on the app states something went wrong we cannot show you your remaining data at the moment.

There is no way to gift data.

Can we gift data by calling g 150?

Katie_B

Hello @Cjread

If you are unable to complete a data gift, our customer care team will be happy to help. 

Katie

Underusemywifi
Visitor

I have BT Fibre 500mbs. I have an EE Hybrid connector for it. My Fibre went down for about an hour and I was trying like an idiot to get onto the site and app to share Data across to my SIM card in it. It’s honestly a joke. They need to pull their thumbs out a little and sort this **** out!! 

I pay over £200 for BT Fibre and EE Mobile (x2 devices I must add!!!). The least they could do for customers, especially at that high a value is to make the app and website a lot more durable. 

I completely agree with “DMGreen87” by being equally unimpressed! 

Prehaps it’s a bonus however it’s still a pain in the backside when it hits the fan! 

James_B

Hi @Underusemywifi,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What sort of plan are you using with your EE SIM?

You can't gift data to a 4GEE WiFi plan.

James