cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Holder?

Loke
Investigator
Investigator

My account says I'm not the account holder, which I assume is the case as I'm not the one paying for my account, however my account holder doesn't have a way to access my phone online. This means I can't change anything about my contract - not even parent controls on my own 4G! 

What on earth has happened for me to have gotten stuck in this situation and is there any way to fix this easily (i.e. without going to an EE store in person)?

7 REPLIES 7
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Loke ,

You should probably arrange with the account holder and bill payer to transfer that number and SIM to an account in your name so that you control it and make the payments.

Guidance near the bottom of the linked page.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/managing-and-using-my-account/change-my-account/how-do-i-change-my-ac...

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Thanks, it's a shame it's so many steps when really all I want to do is be able to unlock my phone (which seems I can't do either on my end) so that I can change this current phone to a different sim. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's not who pays the bill (anyone can pay), but who took out the contract in the 1st place.

If you get the contract transferred to yourself, you will need to pass a credit check.

You should be able to unlock your device yourself, if indeed it is locked to EE, by giving its IMEI to the Unlocking your device form.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Dmcc
Investigator
Investigator

You can call 150 using the click to call in the contact us section of your app. Sounds like the account holder needs to download the app on their own phone and sign up though. 

hoggand
Visitor

I am the account holder so please give my my access

@hoggand : This user discussion forum can have no access to your specific account. You need to raise this with CS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@hoggand 

Good luck fella but you’re not my account holder especially given that I moved from EE to another phone provider a few months ago.