cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID FRAUD

02alisha
Visitor

After losing my purse at my student accommodation, about a week later i received an email there was a phone and another item in my name being taken out. I immediately called to aort this out and i was told not to worry it would be dealt with and cleared. This was in january. It is now april and i have been sent a letter from EP FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS claiming to owe £2,445 for an iphone and another device i have never had? I called and disputed this multiple times and was told to wait and hear back from the fraud department, only to be told the ID and face matched up so there is nothing they can do. How can you do nothing when i have told you i had lost that same ID being used? And i was not even in the city the iphones were taken out from? I dont plan on paying £2.5K, what can i do next?

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@02alisha : Did you report the loss at the time to the Uni authorities & the Police? If so, you can use that as evidence in case you are sued for the debt.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @02alisha

Thanks for coming here. 

I am sorry to hear this happened. 

If you do not agree with the outcome from our fraud team please give us a call so our customer care team can open up a case to look into this again. 

Katie