Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract termination

Kristie23
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I hope you can help me. I have a year contract with the EE which ends on 5 September.

The problem is that I had to return to Ukraine very urgently as I received a notice that my husband was killed in action. Now, I don't know whether I return to the UK or stay in Ukraine. I have two questions.

1. What shall I do in order to terminate my contract on 5 September? How can I do it? 

2. I haven't made a decision yet as there are too many things to consider. Will be there any sanctions if I decide not to prolongate it after 5 September and inform EE less than 1 month before 5 September?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kristie23 

I am so sorry to hear about your husband, please accept my deepest condolences. 

To help with your questions, if you decide to cancel the contract you’ll need to give us a minimum of 30 days notice. You can do this from up to 45 days before the end of your 24-month commitment period.

If you wish to carry on the contract you won't need to do anything this will continue as normal. 

Please see our What Happens at the End of My Plan?, Help page for more details. 

Leanne.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kristie23 

I am so sorry to hear about your husband, please accept my deepest condolences. 

To help with your questions, if you decide to cancel the contract you’ll need to give us a minimum of 30 days notice. You can do this from up to 45 days before the end of your 24-month commitment period.

If you wish to carry on the contract you won't need to do anything this will continue as normal. 

Please see our What Happens at the End of My Plan?, Help page for more details. 

Leanne.