cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Data Pass - bill query

Jeannine1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I took out an unlimited data pass on 11th August for £12.49 per month.  However, my bill (dated 20th August) shows the data pass as being £24.98 for the period 11 Aug - 19 Sept.

Is this an error?  Or am I missing something?  I am allowed to cancel this add-on at any time, so can’t see why it’s £24.98.

Any advice appreciated as it came as a bit of a shock!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Leanne, yes I did phone.  There should have been a pro rata charge for a part month but I was being charged a full month.  Very helpful person sorted it all out!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

£12.49 is exactly half the cost of £24.98, so it looks like you have been offered a 50% Discount for taking out the Add On, could be that your Add On is showing as £24.98 but will only be charged at £12.49 on your Final Bill, either way way keep an eye on it, log in to your MyEE or App and take a Screen Shot of your current Offer just in case it does charge you the Full Price so you can prove your expected Cost to EE if need be.

Actually it does look as is I have beeb charged twice, so I will have to call I think and find out! Thanks for your reply though!

IMG_4116.jpeg

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jeannine1 

Thanks for coming here. 

Please do give us a call on 150 and the team will be happy to help you with the data add-on charge 🙂

Leanne. 

Thanks Leanne, yes I did phone.  There should have been a pro rata charge for a part month but I was being charged a full month.  Very helpful person sorted it all out!

Leanne_T

Thanks for letting us know @Jeannine1 

Leanne 🙂

Hi again! No not sorted! Spent ages on phone, but although I was assured that the correct amount would be taken on the due date, it wasn’t. Phoned again. Totally different response and will have to wait for the September bill to see if it has been corrected. All a bit tedious!

Smiler1611
Investigator
Investigator

I have the same issue. A whopping double charge in the first month's bill. What is annoying is that the data pass doesn't appear oin the app or on the website anywhere. Also, it is almost impossible to find the tariffs anywhere. The consumer has no evidence of offer and acceptance and the terms and conditions agreed to. Very poor.   

James_B

Hi @Smiler1611,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂
I'm sorry to hear there was an error on your bill.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can take a look at it for you.

They'll be happy to help.

James

Smiler1611
Investigator
Investigator

Kept on hold the phone for over 20 minutes and endless menus and being cut off a number of times I  eventually get through to a human. They assure me the overcharge will be removed from my bill, but it isn't and the money is taken from my account anyway.  Is this a deliberate policy to overcharge customers and hope they either won't notice or just give up trying to get their money back?