cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden charges

Katie_Loo
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve lived on the Isle of Man for almost 5 years now and been with EE the whole time with no extra charges as it was a free destination. However have now received a text saying I will be paying an extra £2.29 a day! When did EE decide that IOM was no longer a free destination?

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Katie_Loo 

Isle of Man is a roaming destination with its own network infrastructure. When did you most recently upgrade? Our price plans prior to July 2021 included free roaming within the EU, so if you've upgraded since then, you will be on our new plans where roaming is chargeable.

Roaming Costs for Isle of Man

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

IOM is not part of the UK. So when you are there you are roaming & will be charged for it if your current contract started after 07/07/2021.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)