cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim only package rip off

Loyaltyisdead
Explorer

I moved over to a sim only contract last September so I could have a flexible option to change or leave EE at any time. Due to cost of living increases, I shopped around for a cheaper sim only deal as EE scrapped their mid range data packages and only have very little or a lot available now. I found a cheap sim only package elsewhere and went to transfer as I can't afford my current deal as my mortgage is about to go through the roof.

I requested my pac code and then discovered I've been put into a 24 month contract with EE when I came out of contact last year and moved to sim only! I never would've agreed to this as I specially wanted a package where I could leave at any time due to financial uncertainly. I am now told that there is no copy of the contract I clicked "agree" to as it's not held on my account or emailed out, for further examination, so I never became aware of the 24 month contract I was now committed to, and wasn't able to cancel, which I would've done had I realised within the 30 day cooling off period.

I am absolutely furious and feel so let down by EE, having been a customer for over 20 years, to be deliberately mislead like this by a company I've been a loyal customer of for so long. I will be going to Which and  other monitoring bodies about this.

10 REPLIES 10
bristolian
Legend
Legend

All your monthly bills also include a reference to the minimum term length, and many plans have "12M" or "24M" in their title - agreeing to T&Cs without checking terms that are important to you, rarely turns out well.

The monthly cost reflects the commitment period, hence an incentive to commit to an extended minimum term.