cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim only contract

MagsS
Visitor

Hi there 👋.  I have a EE SIM only contract which expires in March 2024.  No idea why I tied myself to this but we are where we are.   I want to take a new contract with a handset out elsewhere and wondered if I could move my number to the new deal before the EE contract expires in 2024.  Any one help please, thank you MagsS

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MagsS : Yes, you can, but not w/out paying off the rest of your contract term.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MagsS 

Thanks for coming here. 

To keep the same number you would need to upgrade the existing contract you have with us, to discuss your options for doing this please give us a call on 150 and the team will be happy to help. 

Leanne.

Jank0x
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

If you cancel early, you will be liable for a hefty termination charge. 

Then once you close the contract and ask to switch the number to a new provider (make sure that contract is open).