cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up totally messed

Marimarimari
Explorer

Hi there,

just joined by phone EE last Tuesday Via phone. Agreed for a sim only contract 12 months unlimited data calls texts including 1000 minutes calls in Europe for 38 pounds.  Gave my pac number to maintain my old number. Told to call back at SIM card reception to activate pac. On Wednesday received SIM card with the temporary number. Called the sale team as instructed. They advised the SiM card they sent was wrong as it should have had my old number! They advised they would send a new SIM card. They offered a cheaper deal on the plan for the inconvenience. I asked for confirmation of deal via email. They said it will follow. Thursday: received second SIM card with a new temporary number. Called back sale team. This agent said the instructions I was given on Wednesday were wrong as all SIM card come initially with a temporary number. They do not have any notes on the offer discount I was given on Tuesday. Eventually they agree that they would fulfil the offer made on Tuesday. They promise to send details of plan (yet not received). They activate pac number. On Friday I find out: my account has no discount as promised on Wednesday, no international calls as promised on tuesday, plus I have now 2 accounts, one with my old number one with the first SIM card number I was sent! I called on Friday. They told me they would investigate and cancel one of the two accounts. Still waiting. I raised a complaint. I hope to get a call with a resolution today. I was so looking forward to switch to EE and I am now so very disappointed. Not only I didn’t get the offer I was made but I didn’t even get what I was first offered. The have to pay my international calls to Italy at a full rate at a time these calls are so important as my mother is in hospital. So frustrating!

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Marimarimari 

Welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear of your experience with this new connection, it's usually pretty straight-forward.

You should receive a follow-up to your complaint, hopefully they can find a resolution for you. Please keep us posted on what happens.

Chris

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Marimarimari  Not sure where you’re getting a 1000 minutes in the EU from as that’s not an option.    Especially as you are only paying £38 as that’s the cost for an unlimited data allowance sim only.  You’ll not get EU calls included with that price.     Plus you purchase an add on to use your allowances in the UK.  

Hi. The 1000 minutes eu calls are offered online when you look at the various plans.The point is the whole of their sale and initial connection was totally wrong, misleading and messy ending me up with two accounts instead of one and no international minutes at all on my proper account. I have now been contacted by the resolution team who after back listening the calls with the sale team last week have totally recognised the errors made and have promised to sort it out by cancelling the wrong account and changing the plan details to the ones I was offered. So am now waiting to see the changes.

Sent from my iPhone
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @Marimarimari 

I'm happy to hear the team are working to resolve this for you.

James