Roaming

Crystalisa
Explorer

I was recently abroad and my phone is barred from buying add ons as per my request, but for some reason I have been charged nearly £50 extra in my bill this month, my little grandson was playing with my phone, which he may have tried to add on data or whatever it is but it should of been denied as in my contract I have barred all purchases, how as this happened

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Crystalisa 

The Spend Cap does not restrict data pass purchases, both whilst in the UK and roaming.

You can find full details in our How Do I Set Up and Manage Spend Cap? Help page. 

To stop any extra data pass charges, please turn off the option to buy more data in the EE app. 

Leanne.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Crystalisa : Did you put a Spend Cap on it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T

Hi @Crystalisa 

Thanks for coming here. 

What do the extra charges show as on your bill? 

Have you added a spend cap? 

Also, if you log into the EE app and select Profile, Settings and Permissions, Buy more data, is this set to off? 

Leanne 🙂

Thank you for reply my spend cap is 0.00
Leanne_T

Thanks @Crystalisa 

The Spend Cap does not restrict data pass purchases, both whilst in the UK and roaming.

You can find full details in our How Do I Set Up and Manage Spend Cap? Help page. 

To stop any extra data pass charges, please turn off the option to buy more data in the EE app. 

Leanne.