cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right to be Forgotten and old equipment

PauloSeth
Visitor

Under Article 17 of the UK GDPR individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is commonly known as the "right to be forgotten". I was surprised that I could still login to my old EE account after over 2 years of my contract having terminated and being inactive, but perhaps I shouldn't because I have not exercised this right.

Well I want to exercise it now. Keeping in mind I am no longer an EE customer, hence have no EE mobile phone or broadband, who do I need to speak to having my account and personal data erased?

I also have an old DSL EE router which EE never requested back after I cancelled my contract, but I've kept it all these years thinking if they ever did I would be happy to return to them. The equipment is quite old. I'd like instructions of what to do with it. If I get no response in a week (today is the 7th of April 2024) I'll dispose of it accordingly. 

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @PauloSeth 

There is no account access on these forums and therefore you will need to call EE CS about the hardware, no point giving deadlines here. 

As for the other GDPR point please read here:

https://ee.co.uk/eeprivacycentre/ee-privacy-policy

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@PauloSeth wrote:

Keeping in mind I am no longer an EE customer, hence have no EE mobile phone or broadband, who do I need to speak to having my account and personal data erased?

https://ee.co.uk/eeprivacycentre/ee-privacy-policy is probably as good a place as any to find contact details.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Your EE router is yours to keep or otherwise dispose of. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)