Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Phone

Mrs_Pigeon1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi!

I upgraded my phone & contract with EE 4days ago to an Iphone14 Pro but I’m having multiple problems with the device since doing the data transfer. I’ve taken it to Apple twice but they can’t help?? It’s some kind of ICloud glitch I think.

i understand I have a 14day cooling off period with EE as I upgraded on the phone with their call centre.

If I contact EE to arrange returning the Iphone14 Pro back to them and reverting to a Sim only contract instead then what happens?? I’ve still got my old handset which I’m happy with, how do I get this device to start working again (eg making and receiving phone calls) - can this happen straight away as I can’t be without a working phone.

appreciate some help.

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you exercised the 14days statutory cancellation, you will revert to whatever plan you were on prior to upgrading - the"upgrade" plan remains inplace until the upgrade phone is received back, at which point the previous plan is reinstated.

Put your existing SIM back in your old phone, and use it as you see fit.

Hi.

I understand the part about the upgrade plan staying in place until they receive the upgrade handset back. Thank you.

I don’t understand once that handset has been wiped and is in transit back to EE etc, I’m then left with my old handset which is fine. It still has the original SIM card in  (when I switched phones the new handset had an ESim so I didn’t need to do anything). I’ve turned that old phone on and it works off Wi-Fi but I can’t make calls / texts off it - what needs to happen to get this working? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mrs_Pigeon1 

It's possible you'll need a replacement SIM card. The one you're using from before the upgrade will be deactivated now and can't be re-activated.

Do you live near an EE store? They should be able to activate a replacement SIM in store for you, if you take in some photographic ID (driving license or passport).

Chris

That’s great thank you.

Yes, I can get to an EE store the same day I post the handset back.

I feel better knowing I won’t be without a working phone for a long period of time.

Thank you for your reply.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

You're welcome, @Mrs_Pigeon1 

Hope it goes nice and smoothly for you.

Chris

Ha ha nothing ever goes smoothly when it comes to me and technology!!! Always a stress!

Im going to investigate your solution before I initiate the return.