cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unknown charges on mobile bill

Yahoo24
Investigator
Investigator

My dad who aged has recently had number port over from bt to ee, and there are weird charges near the £225.52 he spoke with we who said they’ll look into it and we know these are international payments he didn’t make to Zimbabwe, morroco or Tunisia over January, there are several dates which he had no access to phone as he it was switched off as he was in hospital with me (where device due to machines would be switched off) he’s also been into ee phone store and been told he still has to pay for calls he hadn’t made- not sure what to do police advised it’s still a fraudulent scam and possibly network has loop hole in the service - any advice welcomed - did your issue get resolved ?

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Yahoo24 

Welcome to the community.

Are our customer service team still looking into this? Do the calls show in the call logs of the phone?

Chris

Yes EE gave us until 15 March saying they’ll look into the dispute. However, my dad has received an onslaught of text messages from EE and being contacted today on the 5th of March insisting he pays the outstanding bill although disconnect the line and it’s taken several calls to confirm that we had a runability marker and permission for another sibling to speak on my dad‘s behalf because he was getting pressured into this clearing the bill rather than looking into the disputes. Yes, the call show on the call bill what looks like it’s happened is as the number has ported onto a Sim, it’s the old number of the Sim that my was my dad‘s number ported onto , which had the calls made from and those are charges and bills that aren’t recognised. There’s two particular dates that my dad was at a funeral and his phone was switched off  completely switched off so I don’t know where these calls have gone and been made. It’s almost like there’s been a dupe Sim at some point and EE has washed their hands with a very bullied tactic into making my dads make payment to clear bills otherwise it will impact credit rating. There’s another occasion where he was at an event where his phone was in his position again was switched off, yet there’s calls to these international numbers on his bill. Reading lots of articles where others during the bt over to Ee are getting unrecognised international calls and today resorting to having to clear the bill- but we want a full investigation with findings. Ofcom is also not convinced we is correctly investigating as we’ve been told by EE they can confirm the imei number calls have been made from but refuse to share with my dad in writing by formal letter, almost like their hiding it’s not his imei. 

this amount if pressures on customers and vulnerable at that is not the usual EE standards I know of - not sure what to do 

Scam detected: Silent Call scam The phone number 00165 is linked to a Silent Call scam, also known as a Wangiri Scam. This scam can seriously cause you financial damage since the number you call back will be an international number set up at a premium rate

except my dad never calls back and not to international numbers but the numbers links to scams, I’ve tried calling from work phone which is a regulator number perhaps because of the number they blocked me - I’m shocked re is not taking fraudulent behaviour seriously  notice how all these numbers change no two are the same 

this is just a snippet of the many varied numbers 

and by legal definition this is fraudulent activity as Ee forces the cover weongful  or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain, by charging the people who didn’t make the calls - there a defo tech and criminal feel about this whole thing 

Please see below further information below we’ve settled bill as credit file impact however ofcom want to know what network has done, found or not done 

wakeupbritain, which and one show also keen to hear outcome because something really doesn’t feel right

and the victim and person at financial loss is a vulnerable adult and family who’ve had undue distress put  on them 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Yahoo24 

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience that your Dad has had with this. I've sent you a private message to see if I can get you some help.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris