cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EE have been charging me for a second line I never signed up for

CH1978
Explorer

I am also fuming, just finished on the phone to EE. Apparantly the upgrade process I went through on the app was in fact an order for an additional phone line. Even though I had a call during the upgrade process due to an issue with the order where it was only referred to as an upgrade the 'online team' can prove I knew it was an additional line order. Despite the notes on the call saying it was for an upgrade, but that is not the contract. Even worse because it is the new line I have a significant penalty to leave 6 months into the contract. I am disappointed and amazed that even though I was never sent a new SIM for phone it is my fault and I have to just suck it up, alongside the inflation plus 5% call charges. It is really important people avoid using the app to upgrade. Better off going to a store. When I am leaving EE at the end of this contract I will be doing that.

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Afternoon @CH1978

I'm sorry to hear this has happened. 

I've sent you a private message for some details.

Speak soon.

Leanne.

CH1978
Explorer

I have just had the follow up call with EE. The second line is the existing second line I set up in 2014 and the upgrade was incorrectly processed against the 2nd line.

Sadly I cannot get the entire period between the upgrade and now, which would have been shorter if I had paid attention to my monthly bills. EE have split the difference with me which I think is an acceptable outcome.

Kelly, Luke and Leanne have all been very understanding and helpful.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting me know @CH1978

Leanne.