cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharging on bill

Robski10000
Visitor

I’ve just noticed my contract bill has gone up unbeknownst to me by over 20% has anyone else had this profiteering happen to them.

when I challenged them on it they tried to confuse with inflation %s but as I’m not stupid I knew their numbers didn’t add up so I told them so, next I got told if I’m not happy they will offer me their new (upgrade deals) which I don’t want as that doesn’t solve the problem of overcharging, the next message just said if I need any more help I can talk to the supervisor, I said yes I would like to, but the chat went silent and haven’t heard anything back.

Has anyone else here checked their bill and found their bill has gone up by such an amount, and if so did they sort it for you or just ignore you like they have me.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Robski10000,

Every year, providers increase their prices in-line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation plus 3.9%. This is something you will have agreed to when you signed your contract.

Your bill will have increased by CPI (10.5%) +3.9% which works out to 14.4%.

Please see this article for more information.

If your bill has increased by more than 14.4% this year, then you will need to check your bill to see if there are any charges for going outside of your allowance. If there are not, then you should call EE on 150 and speak to their billing team.

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Robski10000,

Every year, providers increase their prices in-line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation plus 3.9%. This is something you will have agreed to when you signed your contract.

Your bill will have increased by CPI (10.5%) +3.9% which works out to 14.4%.

Please see this article for more information.

If your bill has increased by more than 14.4% this year, then you will need to check your bill to see if there are any charges for going outside of your allowance. If there are not, then you should call EE on 150 and speak to their billing team.

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM

@Robski10000  Have you also checked to see if you have any out of allowance charges ? Your bill breakdown will show this. 

Nidhijitendraku
Contributor
Contributor

My bills is 67 ponds but every month  88 ponds cut whay

plase solved problem other why my contract stop

thanks

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nidhijitendraku,

Have you checked the breakdown of your bill in the My EE app? Just select the bills and payments tab to download your bill.

James

Nidhijitendraku
Contributor
Contributor

Please solution my contractor my billing evrympnth why over charges cut 67 pond ee stor ask me but every month 88 ponds cut

Christopher_G

Hi @Nidhijitendraku 

I suggest speaking to our Mobile Care team so they can run through your bills with you. 

Chris

Nidhijitendraku
Contributor
Contributor

My new home address change 

no operation change address 

Leanne_T

Hi @Nidhijitendraku 

Would you like to change your billing address? 

If so, you can do this in your EE app settings 🙂

Leanne.