Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FlexPay and Friends and Family discount

Plymouthbloke1
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi,

Quick question and apologies if it’s already been asked.

With the new FlexPay agreements with getting a new device plan etc, are these compatible with the Friends and Family discount? If so, does it apply to both parts of the agreement or to just the airtime? If the latter then the benefit is greatly reduced….. if anyone in the know could advise that would be grand.

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Plymouthbloke1 

Welcome to the community.

Do you already have the Family and Friends discount on your account? If so, you will automatically receive 30% discount off the device cost as a one-off discount as well as 30% per month off your monthly plan.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have one line that’s upgradable now but doesn’t have F&F but I was going to arrange a code for an upgrade. My other line is due upgrade in November and that does already have F&F so I’d be best to wait and upgrade then I guess….

Thanks for the reply!

Hi mate, are you saying that for example an iPhone 15 pro costs £1,200, the F&F discount will be applied to that handset cost this making it £840 and that becomes the amount payable on the handset across the chosen term?

Plus then 30% off monthly on your airtime? I was led to believe the discount applies only to the airtime. 

@Fordy62 it’s a one off discount as I read it.  That to me doesn’t mean 30% off the term of the contract for the device.  It’s 30% off the first payment.  A one off 30% discount.   I could be totally wrong though.  But I very much doubt you’ll get a £1200 phone for £840. 

I think you’re probably right. 

They’re just getting a little too greedy for my liking. Their prices are highest by miles and now they’re getting rid of the only thing that brings their prices in line with all the other network providers. It’s poor. 

Christopher_G

Hi @Fordy62 and @Chris_B 

Sorry for the confusion. I'd read the terms for the offer incorrectly. It's 30% off the airtime only.

Chris

Funk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

That's how I read it.  Previously you'd get 30% discount off the total package (including the handset) - now you just get 30% off the airtime which massively reduces the total discount.

If FlexPay is the only option for a new/upgrade contract then that's the nail in the coffin for me with EE; I'll buy a phone outright somewhere else and port my number to a cheaper network.

Katie_B

Good morning @Funk

If you wish to upgrade to a 24 month plan using your friends and family discount please give us a call on 150. 

Katie