cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving EE

MJWallis
Investigator
Investigator

Is this a stupid oversight or yet more **bleep**e customer service from EE??  Go to your online account to cancel Mobile Broadband as guided by EE.  There is no option to cancel other than text 150.....uhhh its mobile broadband not phone how do you text!?!?

Not sure why I am surprised but this might be something you wish to fix as its just adds to the overall poor lifetime experience you provide.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MJWallis : You cannot cancel by text; only by calling CS. The text is simply for finding how much it might cost you if you do cancel.

If you are wanting to cease your mobile contract completely you need to phone EE giving 30 days notice of cancellation of your contract. Otherwise if you intend to move to another network, either taking your existing no. with you or not, get your PAC or STAC respectively from EE & give it to your new provider. If you are still within your min term you will be liable to pay early termination fees for the rest of the term. It will basically be months left x monthly charge - 4%.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @MJWallis,

To cancel you will need to ring EE on 0800 079 8586 and give your 30 days notice.

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MJWallis : You cannot cancel by text; only by calling CS. The text is simply for finding how much it might cost you if you do cancel.

If you are wanting to cease your mobile contract completely you need to phone EE giving 30 days notice of cancellation of your contract. Otherwise if you intend to move to another network, either taking your existing no. with you or not, get your PAC or STAC respectively from EE & give it to your new provider. If you are still within your min term you will be liable to pay early termination fees for the rest of the term. It will basically be months left x monthly charge - 4%.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)