Did you mean: 

I would like to print a vat invoice with my monthly bill info. How do I do this

Eric58
Visitor

10 REPLIES 10
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Rightly or wrongly EE only provide a Detailed VAT Breakdown or VAT Invoices to Business Customers. 

Username1235
Visitor

That is really unhelpful for when I need to expense my mobile phone bill to the company I work for...

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Username1235 

Welcome to the community. 

Our bills for personal users now show all charges inclusive of VAT.

If you need a VAT breakdown for business purposes, you would need to switch to a business account. 

Leanne

Hi Leanne - I tried switching to a Business account and am happy to pay extra so you stop holding my VAT invoices hostage, however you then insisted I need to ‘be a business and supply MY VAT number’ For me to do that, it would not only cost me extra to have an EE Business account, but I would have to register as a business, which I am not, file as a business, which I am not, and pay additional fees and taxes to the government as a business which I am not. In the current economy, I now have £3K of expenses I can’t file because of this. My charity, which is a cultural heritage building owned by the government will be now writing a letter to DCMS and Ofcom about this practice. When I go to Tesco’s I get a VAT receipt so EE should as well. I will also be writing to Kevin Bacon and ask if he knows what EE is doing.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Garrick39.

Have you discussed switching to a charity account with our business support team? I'm sure if you're able to do that, we can supply you with VAT invoices for your charity.

Chris

i am a business customer

sjanes
Visitor

Can someone please explain why VAT invoices can't be issued to personal account holders ?

I run a business where all employees have their own phones and use them for business calls which are then re-claimed though expenses, which we as a business cannot then reclaim any VAT on which adds up over time, the only way we can reclaim is if we have a VAT invoice, it seems that all mobile phone companies behave in this way, is there any reason why ?  

@sjanes I run a business where all employees have their own phones and use them for business calls which are then re-claimed though expenses, which we as a business cannot then reclaim any VAT on which adds up over time, the only way we can reclaim is if we have a VAT invoice, it seems that all mobile phone companies behave in this way, is there any reason why ?

Even if EE did supply a Vat Invoice to your Self Employed that work for you, it's not really going to help you, as you can only claim Vat back on Invoices that are in your Business Name that is Registered for Vat purposes. 

Lulabubble
Visitor

Would it be safe to assume all bills are subject to 20% VAT.