cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to keep my contract with EE, but transfer my cherished no to another netw

kerryfburn
Investigator
Investigator

And I am told I have to pay the cancellation fees even though I am happy to keep using the contract, it is just the no I want.  Can this be true and how on earth is it fair?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @kerryfburn 

Your number and contract are connected. Moving your number cancels your contract which means you need to pay this remaining term off. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @kerryfburn 

Your number and contract are connected. Moving your number cancels your contract which means you need to pay this remaining term off. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Yup I now realise that, I guess the question is one of gouging given I was happy to keep the contract, and the no belonged to me in the first place

Its a rip, I assume other providers are no better 

@kerryfburn  The moving of a number away from a network terminates that account  so terminates the contract.   It’s not possible on any network to move a number away and carry on with the account/contract. 

kerryfburn
Investigator
Investigator

A lesson well remembered and one that should be changed given I had no intention of cancelling the contract