Fraud

Dav58
Explorer

Hi , not sure if anyone else has had this but I've had someone set up an iPhone contract in my name through my account, I contacted Cs within 20 minutes of receiving the text messages saying thank you for your upgrade, they told me they had stopped the phone delivery but I've now got a 24 month contract showing on my account for £102 per month , ivespoken to Cs numerous times but keep being told my account is on hold pending investigation, but I'm unwilling to.pay for something I've not ordered  and then attempt to get a refund . Can anyone direct me to the fraud team as there seems to be no way of contacting them .

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dav58  Your account got is on hold and the order will not be sent out.  You’ve been told this.  The contract showing as per what you’ve been told is under investigation.       Have you received a bill for the amount?  

I would also change your EE account password and double check your address is correct. 

No I haven't received a bill yet but my account refreshes in 5 days , plus yes I have been told this but as the delivery was stopped I see no reason why my account should have an upgrade showing that is or isn't under investigation.  If I'd called and changed my mind , as its a remote sale I could have had everything altered back with none of this as long as the phone was returned unopened within 14 days of sale. So why is does my account have to be put on hold while an investigation takes place , I am unwilling to pay a penny more than I am contracted to under what I have agreed and not some thieving scumbag , who I'm still trying to understand was allowed to change the delivery address aswell 🤔 very worrying in my opininion

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dav58 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

If you have not already please change the EE account password. If you would like to discuss the account and get an update on the investigation please get back in touch with our mobile guides who will be able to provide further information. 

Leanne.