cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ess device 4G

Serena13
Investigator
Investigator

I have just notice I am paying an extra £11 per month for a Ess Device 4G.

When I upgraded my phone in November, I was told I would get a device for FREE and was told I absolutely wouldn’t pay for it.

they also tried to sell me broadband which I also said no to as I already have it sorted.

I feel absolutely ripped off my EE.

I have been with EE/ orange since I got my first phone 11 years ago. I think it’s disgusting how you can secretly add this onto someone’s bill.

43 REPLIES 43
Beccysteele7
Visitor

I've just experienced this too! Not happy

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Beccysteele7 

Do you have an extra device showing in your My EE account? 

If so, what plan is showing for the device and how long has this been on your account?

Leanne.

Yes I have the ESS device showing on my account when I was told it was free with my upgrade but I am being charged 12.00 a month for 24mths! Not happy been with EE for 23 years and will be leaving them when my contract is up in November! I have read so many comments about the same issue so clearly conning their customers with the amount of complaints! I spoke to customer service they told me to go to the store I purchased it from and see if they will take it back and off my account but they refused!

Kate skidmore

Sent from my iPhone
Leanne_T

Hi @Ksk1 

I am sorry to hear this has happened, have you contacted our mobile care team again after visiting the store? 

Leanne.

Yes I did and they said there was nothing they could do as it was down to the store managers descression! What concerns me as that so many customers have reported this so clearly something must be wrong as we have al been mislead my phone bill is so expensive it’s ridiculous! Sad that I have no choice now to leave EE after 20 years! I’m sure you will be losing a lot of customers over this issue! Also the store told me to sell my ESS device to make some money towards my bill!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Leanne_T

I am very sorry to hear this @Ksk1 

You can find ways to make a complaint on our Complaints code of practice, Help page and the team will get this looked into further for you.

Leanne.

Hi I have also experienced this having checked my bills since I took out a new contract In April2023. Absolutely disgusting to have a 'FREE' tablet on offer that was used as a bargaining tool to accept the plan only to be paying monthly for it from being told it's a free tablet.

Can someone please contact me to get this resolved.

Leanne_T

Hi @Erika191 

I am sorry to hear this, did you take out the new contract in an EE store? 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

Thank you so much for reply. Yes it was in EE store, lakeside.

What should I do now? Was told that will be completely FREE. How can they do this? This is illegal!

I submitted a complaint like you said and heard nothing! I am reading a lot of messages in here relating to the same thing? So how is this still happening? A lot of customers will be leaving EE as a result of this! I’m now going to contact citizen advice as it surely cannot be legal what they are doing to us! With the April price increase I’m paying way more than what most people pay it’s disgusting