cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE upgrade/add on problem

Tomcald1
Explorer

Not pleased with EE one bit switched over to there pay monthly sim only deal and at the time was told by the lady who signed me up that I would be due an upgrade/add on in 6 months as long as all my payments were made on time in full. I’m now receiving texts everyday asking me to upgrade/add on but when I try to do this online I’m given the sorry you can’t upgrade yet message, after much back and forth with customer service and billing and eventually even credit referrals team none of them can answer why this is and I’m now being told it might take as long as twelve months (the full length of my contract) before EE will honour this. It states in writing on EEs website and everywhere else that your eligible to upgrade or add on after 6 months on a sim only plan but this isn’t the case for me. I’m going to pay off the remains of my contract early and leave EE as I've had a better offer with other contracts and heard a few story’s of EE doing things like this to bind people into a contract and then not making good on the things they state pretty poor practice EE disappointed as a customer.

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Tomcald1 

If your credit eligibility isn't sufficient then you'll need to prove you can be a reliable bill payer. For some people that's 6 months for others (and depending on your other debts) can be longer.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Hi northerner thanks for your response, I have no other debts I think my problem arises from not having many credit commitments I only have my phone contract and my broadband. My credit score shows as stable with no unpaid debts and no ccjs etc problem is I’m on a 12 month contract and have been told it may be 12 months before I’d be eligible to upgrade/add on meaning technically I wouldn’t of been able to upgrade for the full length of a contract. I have a friend who works for the credit referral team and he mentioned how accounts are reviewed on a 3 monthly basis but couldn’t understand why my internal credit with EE hasn’t risen despite making 7 out of 12 payments on time and in full.
Thanks for your response.

Sent from my iPhone